Energy Save & Earn Rebate
How To Participate
In order to participate in the Harrisonburg Electric Commission (HEC) Energy Save & Earn Program, the applicant is required to complete the Rebate Application and submit it with adequate supporting documentation. Rebates are available to all customers that receive residential electric service from HEC. All equipment must be new, replacing existing appliances (not a 1st-time purchase), and purchased on or after November 1st, 2020 to be eligible for rebates. Rebate processing may take up to four weeks from receipt of completed Rebate Application. Rebates will not be paid for ineligible or incomplete Rebate Applications. Refer to the Terms and Conditions section at the end of the Rebate Application for more detailed information.
Steps for Participation
- Purchase and install a qualified product. See the sidebar for eligible products.
- Complete all the information requested on the Rebate Application.
- Review and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Include a copy of the sales receipt or invoice that includes all required information listed in the Rebate Application as well as photos of the old name plates.
- Completed and signed rebate applications with all supporting documents may be submitted online, mailed to:
HEC Energy Save & Earn Program
89 West Bruce Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801-3699or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Energy Star qualified clothes dryer
- Energy Star qualified clothes washer
- Standard water heater (40-50 gallon)
- Heat pump water heater (larger than 40 gallon)
- Central-unit heat pump, SEER 15/8.5HSPF or greater (heat pump can be replacing an existing heat pump or a retrofit of electric baseboard heat)
- Mini-split heat pump
- Energy Star qualified refrigerator
- Energy Star qualified chest freezer (larger than 10 cu ft)
Applying for a Rebate
HEC is offering customers the opportunity to participate in their Energy Save & Earn Program. This program rewards customers for upgrading to more energy efficient major appliances by sending rebates for qualified purchases to HEC customers who apply using the below application. You may also print the application and mail it to HEC. For more information on how to participate and eligibility requirements, please visit the links below.