HEC is a proud member of the Harrisonburg community. We realize the importance of being a good neighbor and work hard to make a positive impact in our community through service and community activities.
The following are just some of the ways HEC and its employees give back to the community where we live and work:
- HEC is a sponsor of the Valley Fourth celebrations.
- Our employees decorate downtown Harrisonburg with lights and wreaths during the holiday season.
- HEC offers a tree replacement program to customers who have trees on their property that are regularly trimmed by HEC to maintain electrical clearances needed for high voltage wires. The cost of removal of the old tree and stump are covered by HEC.
- The Commission has assisted in improving the aesthetics of the community by installing distribution lines underground wherever possible.
- HEC works with "Adopt-A-Highway" to regularly keep Evelyn Byrd Avenue clean.
- HEC Employees raise money during the year for the American Cancer Society.
- As part of a "Mutual Aid Agreement," HEC employees help to bring relief to other municipalities in Virginia during disasters.